APPLY NOW - SPACE IS LIMITED
Applications are now being accepted from students in grades 6-10 that would like to participate in the Vivian Burey Marshall (VBM) Scholar program. The VBM STEM Pilot Initiative aims to increase the competencies and interests of students from underrepresented and disadvantaged populations in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. VBM Scholars participants will be exposed to a variety of careers that focus on science, technology, engineering, mathematics, have an opportunity to build relationships with four year colleges, and enhance their STEM education. Click on the link above to apply. There is no fee to apply or cost to participate. Click here to learn more or if you have questions or need more help to apply, contact Dr. Prentiss McLin, II, Vivian Burey Marshall STEM Pilot Initiative Program Manager, at 202-888-0358 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
District 2 Town Hall Meetings with Alonzo Stevens
- March 16, 2017 at 6:00 pm, Kings Community Center
- April 20, 2017 at 6:00 pm, Vicksburg Housing Authority
- March 18, 2017 at 6:00 pm, Jackson Street Community Center
Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESSA)
The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) was signed by President Obama on December 10, 2015.
Message from Superintendent
Our mission statement is:
“It is our goal through relevant instruction to equip every student with the literacy and numeracy skills to succeed in challenging courses, meet academic standards, and graduate from high school prepared for college and ready for a challenging career.”
Standards Based Grading K-2
Registration is held at individual schools. If you have questions you may call your elementary school or the district office at 601-638-5122.
- Children must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2016 to enroll in Kindergarten.
- Children must be 6 years old on or before September 1, 2016 to enroll in the First Grade.
Items needed for registration:
- Certified Birth Certificate (long form)
- Social Security Card
- Original Mississippi Immunization Compliance Record (Form 121)
- Two (2) proofs of residency (examples below:)
- Utility bills
- Driver's license
- Rent receipt
- Mortgage showing your address